We make solar simple
Solar Savers is a local government intiative making solar easy for homeowners, renters, landlords, and business owners in participating Council areas.
We have done the hard work for you by evaluating and selecting a trusted installer with quality products and workmanship. We do this with the support of local governments to give you peace of mind when deciding to install solar on your home.
Steps to install solar power
- Register your interest in solar power online or over the phone. Speak with our friendly team and receive free advice about how solar works and what support is available to install.
- We check your eligibility for Solar Savers and government rebates
- Solar Savers connect you with an accredited solar installer to discuss the suitability of solar for your home and arrange a quote.
- You review the costs and approve the system proposal to proceed. At this stage, you can apply for the State Government rebate and loan, with the help of Solar Savers and your installer if required.
- Our trusted solar installers will organise network approval and installed your system to industry standards. After receiving your Certificate of Electrical Safety, you can start enjoying clean energy from the sun!
We're here each step of the way
Solar power installation involves many parties including an Installer, your Energy Retailer and Distributor, and State Government Bodies. It takes about 3 – 4 months between accepting your quote and having everything fully connected.
Throughout and after your installation, Solar Savers are here to assist you. You can call or email Solar Savers from Monday – Thursday to seek assistance at any stage of your installation.
Our program began with an interest in helping pensioner and low-income households access quality solar, and we are still committed to this.
- Council supported program to make solar power hassle-free
- Free and credible advice about solar products, government rebates, and tips to reduce your energy bill.
- Trusted Solar Installer chosen through a public tender process, with independent audits on 5% of all installations.